Bridgend Support Care
Can you help keep families together?
Bridgend County Borough Council is looking for people who can help support families by joining a scheme called Bridgend Support Care. And this is where you come in! Can you help?
We are looking for people who can spare a couple of days a week, work from home and make a difference to families who are facing difficulties.
Support carers give children overnight breaks in the carers own home allowing them the opportunity for fun, activities and development.
They also give practical help and advice to the family as part of a package of support to enable the family to cope and prevent children going into care.
- work from home;
- provide children with up to two overnight stays each week and/or a few hours in the week;
- work closely with family support and the support care co-ordinator;
- work with each family for a period of around four months;
- need a recognised qualification in child, health, social care or education equivalent to QCF level 4/NVQ level 3;
- will be assessed and receive training and supervision;
- receive a competitive weekly payment and expenses.
If you could help keep a family together please contact Support Care on (01656) 642681.
Working to keep families together