Bridgend County Borough actively supports and encourages work placements across all directorates and departments for applicants of all ages and abilities. We welcome enquiries from third sector organisations, schools, colleges, universities, Job Centre Plus and from individuals.
We have an agreed process for securing a work placement. Please do not approach services directly:
1. In the first instance, an e-mail should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicant should supply the following information:
- Full name
- School, college, university or organisation
- The duration of desired placement (including start and finish dates)
- Preferred location, including directorate and department
- A brief description of the type of work they are interested in undertaking
- Desired objectives to be gained from the placement
2. Human Resources will then contact the appropriate departmental manager to ask whether the request can be accommodated. Whilst departments are encouraged to accept placements there may be occasions where work demands mean this is not possible.
3. Where a department agrees to accept a placement they are required to undertake a risk assessment prior to the placement starting and an induction on the first day. It might also be necessary for someone from the department to speak to you first to understand your interests and assess your suitability for the placement.
4. In circumstances where the placement cannot be accommodated, you will be advised you as soon as possible.